Caring for your Bag
A good leather designer handbag is an investment, any lady can attest to that. But there’s more to just buying a handbag, you’ll always want to take care of it.
Now, taking care of a leather handbag isn’t a walk in the park, there’s a lot at stake. These tips will help you take care of your bag.
- Use protection cream or treatment. The cream protects the bag from staining or grease penetration. This should be applied at least once monthly, depending on how much you use the bag.
- Wipe bag with the grain of the handbag that usually comes with the bag. This avoids the leather from getting ruined.
- Once a week, wipe your bag using warm soapy water. Make a mix of small amount of mild liquid soap and water then use a soft cloth to wipe dirt from your bag.
- Please stick to the proper cleaners. There are many who might be tempted to use items such as baby wipes, vinegar or other homemade remedies to correct stains. Be aware that these can damage your bag’s colour.
- When your bag is not in use, stuff it to keep it in good shape.
- Keep your bag covered when not in use. In case you do not have a dust bag, you can make use of your old pillow case.
- Keep your bag away from direct sunlight to maintain its original colour.
- You don’t like the bad smell coming from your bag? There are odour removers suitable for fighting off the bad smell. Baking powder works just fine. Put some baking powder in an open container into your bag, close the bag and place it in its dust bag or pillow case as earlier advised. Leave the bag for 24 hours after which the baking powder shall have absorbed all the bad odour.
- Arimis. It’s probably one of the cheapest oils in town, but the most effective when it comes to shining your leather bag. Apply it wholly using palm of your hands to keep your bag shiny.
- Please donate an old bag. Thou shall not stay with your bag for far too long, your seller needs you too.